Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Life (Fight)

FIGHT if you ever want to achieve,
FIGHT for those who can't,
or for those who wont,
FIGHT if you ever have witnessed a crime.
FIGHT.
FIGHT if you have been funny or liked,
at someone else' expense.
FIGHT if you dont want to fight over "there",
FIGHT for the weak,
and the illprepared,
FIGHT.
FIGHT if you've ever been broken hearted,
slammed down on the ground,
and you darted.
FIGHT.
FIGHT for the cowards,
for the lovers, unloved,
FIGHT if you've ever told
a young one,
everything will be okay,
FIGHT if it wasn't.
FIGHT.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this one, it was deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the format. FIGHT. It's inspiring. It's powerful. I got the chills as I read it. That happens sometimes, but not very often. Thank you.

    My favorites:

    FIGHT if you have been funny or liked,
    at someone else' expense.--- Too many of us try to get ahead by stepping on other people. Great insight.

    FIGHT if you've ever told
    a young one,
    everything will be okay,
    FIGHT if it wasn't. ---- This one is great. Who hasn't been let down? They tell us everything's going to be okay and it isn't. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, i love this. I love the line FIGHT for those who can't, or for those who won't. idea. right? so good.

    ReplyDelete